COVID-19 Community Update 01.08.21
As of Monday, January 4 Weld County has been moved to Level Orange– High Risk on the State of Colorado’s COVID-19 dial. What does this mean for Thompson Rivers Parks & Recreation District facilities and programs? Well – we have some good news and some not so good news.
Not so good news:
- With the county at Level Orange – Group Sports and Camps can only be virtual, or outdoors in groups of less than 10. At this time registration is on hold for the 3rd-6th grade basketball season and adult volleyball season. If the county is able to move to Level Yellow to allow youth and adult athletics, we will make an announcement on our future program plans.
- Rooms now have a maximum of 25% capacity which means we still have to operate with some modifications but continue to be open
- We will continue to take reservations for Open Gym and our cardio equipment. We have placed the equipment throughout the facility in order to maximize all space. Just a reminder we have: Peloton Bike (2), Treadmill (2), Stairmaster (2), HITT Rowing Machine (1), and some free weights
- Use of open gym times and the cardio equipment are FREE to the community – you may register for times at trpr.org
- All fitness classes will be limited to 10 participants. Participants will need to register at trpr.org
New Hours! We are open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am–8:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Masks will be required when entering and exiting the facility. You may take them off while using the cardio equipment or while taking a fitness class, but it must be put back on immediately following your activity.
As a District and community we will continue to comply with state COVID regulations and do our best to help keep the community safe, active and healthy. Let’s stay diligent and get our kids back to playing!