COVID-19 District Update – 3.18.20
The Thompson Rivers Parks & Recreation District has been continuing to closely follow the events associated with the outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and follow recommendations from public health officials. The safety and well-being of our community continues to be a top priority for the District. At this time all TRPR facilities will remain closed until April 6. Programs and events will be postponed until further notice. During this closure, staff will be working from home in support of social distancing. Best way of communication at this time is through email – firstname.lastname@example.org or via social media. The District will still be maintaining all facilities as well as cleaning and sanitizing them regularly, all while taking extra precautionary actions.
During this time we would also like you to remember to support all of the small businesses in our community. Order food to pick up or buy a gift card to use later. By supporting them now we will have a stronger community after this is all over.
Again, the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and community members continues to be our number one priority. We will communicate further updates regarding cancellations through our website, email, and social media. Please check our website for updates at trpr.org or our Facebook Page.
COVID-19 District Update – 3.13.20
The Thompson Rivers Parks & Recreation District is actively monitoring the developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The safety and well-being of our community is a top priority for the District. Due to the rapidly escalating health concerns relating to the spread of COVID-19, and to reduce risk and exposure of the virus the District will implement the following plan:
Beginning Friday, March 13 the following programs and events are postponed through April 5:
- Youth Soccer – including the soccer clinic on March 21
- Adult Sports – including the Adult Volleyball Tournament
- Youngsters on the Move
- Youth Dance – including the Dance recital on March 21
- All Fitness Classes
- Open Gym (including Pickleball)
- Cardio Room access
- Facility Rentals
- All Facilities – Milliken Athletic Complex, Johnstown Activities Center, Nelson Farms Park Ballpark, Sticker Stadium
At this time TRPR facilities will remain staffed until further notice for communication purposes only.
The health and safety of our patrons, staff, and community members continues to be our number one priority. We will communicate further updates regarding cancellations through our website, email, and social media. Please check our website for updates at trpr.org or our Facebook Page.
Below are some additional recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including workout equipment.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Please visit the links below for more information about COVID-19.
- Weld County Health Department
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
We look forward to returning to normal operations soon and are committed to the delivery of building a healthy, happy community!